English exam skills course
Excellent as a stand-alone course or an addition to your morning or afternoon classes, this is an ideal option for students wishing to take an English language exam, such as IELTS, TOEIC, TOEFL or Cambridge FCE, CAE, CPE.
Our experienced tutors consider the learning styles and personal objectives of each individual, giving you the language input and exam strategies to help you reach your goal.
Some of the skills covered on this course include:
- Summarising and paraphrasing
- Skimming and scanning
- Listening for gist and specific information
- Composing, editing and reviewing a piece of writing
- Note-taking and presenting
- Developing clear and concise arguments in speaking and writing
|Class size||Average 12, Maximum 16|
|Course length||1 week +|
|Levels||B1 - C2 (Intermediate - Proficiency)|
|Days||Monday to Friday|
|Lessons (pw)||Class times|
|Part-time Morning||10 (7.5 hours)||13:00 – 14:30|
|Part-time Afternoon||10 (7.5 hours)||16:30 – 18:00|
What is the main focus of this course?
- To develop the four main skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening) needed in exams.
- To learn and practise exam techniques.
- To improve your confidence in answering exam questions clearly, to the point and within time limits.
- To focus on the different writing styles and genres, including expressions, formatting and punctuation.