Business English Course
With English as the global language of choice for all aspects of business, many corporations expect their employees to use spoken and written English to communicate effectively at work.
In our Bloomsbury Business English course, you will learn how to express yourself more fluently and confidently when communicating with clients and colleagues at different levels and in various work situations. You’ll get exposed to negotiation, confrontation, critical thinking and British business culture. You’ll remain in a business-like atmosphere and be referred to as “Clients” not “students”.
You’ll spend the week, opening every session with a look at the day’s real-world business news through professional publications. You’ll spend the week picking up authentic business terminology and vocabulary through business themed training tasks, which will lead to an end of course seminar & board meeting where you’ll fight for your place on the board, or for your radical new project to be accepted into company culture.
- Free Wi-Fi access
- Coffee lounge
- Boardroom Environment with interactive whiteboards, computers, TV and audio-visual equipment
- Weekly simulated business seminar and board meeting
- Professional telephone, message-taking and fax service on request
Some of the topics covered in the Bloomsbury Business English course include:
- Small talk in the business world
- Negotiating and persuading
- Participating in meetings
- Presentation skills
- Interview skills
- Writing reports, emails and business documents
- English for quality control
- English for project management
- Corporate finance
- The Dynamics of Strategy
At Bloomsbury International you can choose to study business English in group classes or we can tailor-make a programme to suit your specialisation. You can even choose to take a work experience programme in your career area.
|Class size||Average 12, Maximum 16|
|Start||Course runs subject to demand
please contact us for details
|Course length||1 week +|
|Levels||B1 – C2 (Intermediate – Proficiency)|
|Days||Monday to Friday (except public holidays)|
|Lessons (pw)||Class times|
|Standard Morning||20 (15 hours)||9:00 – 12:15|
|Standard Afternoon||20 (15 hours)||13:00-16:15|
*Break times: (Adult AM: 10.30-10.45; PM: 14.30-14.45/Young Learners: 10.00-10.10 + 11.00-11.10)
What is the main focus of this course?
- To practise using English in different real-life situations and at different levels of formality at work.
- To enhance your awareness of different communication styles in order for you to choose the appropriate style for various situations.
- To develop all four Business English skills (reading, writing, listening and speaking), as well as fluency, pronunciation and Business English vocabulary.
- To maximize your ability to represent your company efficiently at international level.