The Best Way to Start a Blog
Ever wondered how to start a blog? Have you thought about starting one up and never got round to it? Today, we are going to talk about the best way to start a blog. A blog is a short and frequently updated website. It’s like an online diary, and there are around 173,000 blogs written by people every day on different subjects. They can also include photos, film and audio.
The best way to start a blog is to write what you know – even if your ultimate goal is to make money!
You need to post good content on a regular basis and you won’t be able to achieve this if you spend all your time researching and thinking about what to write. The writing should come naturally.
Once you’ve settled on what you want to blog about, e.g. your career, hobbies, interests, life experiences, write a list of blog post titles to form the subject of your content.
Blogging is a good way of sharing your ideas and interests with the world. Writing a blog helps you learn new things about your interests and be able to think more clearly about these things. Blogging helps you to voice your opinion, which may sometimes be difficult to do in person. It also helps with your writing proficiency. Writing a regular blog, will help you to focus on your language and can help you become a better writer. Blog writing can also boost your confidence. If you are sharing your views and ideas about something you are interested in, you will become much more confident when discussing them. You may also want to blog for the sole purpose of making money.
Blogging Tips 2018
Setting up a blog is easy. Follow these steps:
- Choose a theme for your blog.
- Select a platform to host your blog – Blogger, WordPress. Note that Blogger is free. It’s easy to set up with a Gmail account.
- Create your profile and design.
- Write your first blog. It should centre around one topic and be more than 300 words. Ideally, you should aim for 1000-2000 words.
- Organise your posts by genre and category.
- Update your blog regularly.
- Don’t forget to add pictures, video and music files.
- Spread the word! Don’t forget to promote your blog on social media.
- Grow your audience! Add an email sign up list to gain followers and to keep readers updated.
So why not start up a blog? If you don’t want to start one by yourself, you could ask your friends or classmates and set on up together. It’s a great way to reach a lot of people and who knows, it could even make you famous.
Don’t forget to download your free “Blogging Today” eBook. It contains lots of tips and advice to help you get started.