Summer Schools in London
This week, we’re going to talk about English Language summer schools in London.
Are you looking forward to the summer? When you have teenage children or you work in an academic setting, you may sometimes struggle to fill the long summer vacation from school. If this sounds like you, then why not consider improving your own or your child’s English language skills with a summer school in London?
Here at Bloomsbury International, we offer a wide range of summer schools in central London, including the following:
- Holiday courses: the summer school provides a real opportunity to combine English studies with discovery of British culture, including some of Britain’s many summer festivals with live music in London parks. Different versions of the summer school are available for both adults and younger learners.
- Parent and child courses: if you want to improve your own English language skills at the same time as your child or children improve theirs, they could attend the tailor-made summer school while you choose another English language course offered by Bloomsbury International. This means you’ll be studying from the same central London location, so will have no need to worry about your child’s safety or whereabouts.
- General English: if you don’t want to take part in a tailored summer school, there is still a wide range of regular English courses to choose from. Unlike some colleges, we don’t close for the summer, so you can still choose to study an English language course that suits you during the summer months.
Things to think about before you book
You can find information about all of our summer school courses in London on this website, but here are some factors to consider before you choose and book your English language summer school:
- Safety: if you’re sending your children to an
- in London, be sure to satisfy yourself that they’ll be safe and well looked after. At Bloomsbury International you can be reassured that your child will have a named guardian. We also have a dedicated welfare officer and take all steps to ensure your child is learning in a safe and comfortable environment.
- Budget: be sure to do your research about the cost of living in London and how much spending money you and your child will need while you’re at summer school.
- Accommodation: there will normally be different accommodation options available for you or your child during your summer school. Be sure to chat with your London language school’s accommodation office to decide which is best for you.
Do you want to learn English during a different holiday?
Of course, London is a fantastic city in which to live and learn at all times of the year. Because of this, we also offer holiday courses at other special times. For example, you could choose a winter course, where you can combine your English studies with visits to seasonal attractions like the Christmas lights on Oxford Street or carol services in historic churches. Or why not consider our spring school, where you could take trips out into the countryside or go on an Easter egg hunt in Kew Gardens.